CMS Medicare Parts C and D Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training and General Compliance Training (February 2013)
Fraud Awareness Inserts/Flyers
Fraud Awareness Inserts explain the latest fraud schemes and cover how to report suspected fraud. Plan sponsors are encouraged to professionally print the inserts and include them in the statements they mail so plan members can protect themselves against fraud. Please follow these steps:
- Download the files.
- (new) Detecting Home Health Fraud – English
- (new) Reporting Medical Transport Fraud – English
- (new) Reporting Health Insurance Marketplace Fraud – English
- Questioning Free Medical Supplies – English, Spanish
- Reporting Services Not Provided – English, Spanish
- Identity Theft Prevention Tips – English, Spanish
- Protecting Medicare for Future Generations – English, Spanish
- Add your plan’s customer service telephone number.
- Professionally print the files and trim them to 9 x 3.75 inches so they fit, unfolded, into a business envelope.
Prevent Medicare Open Enrollment Fraud
This pamphlet provides helpful information that Medicare beneficiaries can use to protect themselves against potential fraud during the Medicare Open Enrollment period. It also provides information about reporting suspected fraud. Plan sponsors and senior advocacy groups can download and print this pamphlet and distribute it to Medicare beneficiaries during Open Enrollment.
Protect Against Tax Refund Fraud
This fact sheet provides valuable information plan members can use to protect themselves against a scheme that’s occurring nationwide. It also provides guidance on action to take if this scheme happens. Download it, add your health plan’s telephone number, and then distribute to help raise awareness.
CMS Medicare & You Handbook 2013
This official handbook for beneficiaries provides answers to common questions about Medicare such as:
- What are the different parts of Medicare?
- What are Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) and how do they work?
- What are the options for Medicare Prescription Drug coverage?
CMS Medicare Fraud & Abuse Training: Prevention, Detection and Reporting (May 2012)
This course, available on CMS.gov, provides health care professionals information about Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) fraud and abuse. To take it, first scroll down and click Web Based Training (WBT) Courses. You will need to register to access the course.